How many processors are active in box ?

Zoran Salahovic Lendra zsalahovic at bankinter.es
Thu Dec 17 09:58:16 UTC 2009

DualCore maybe?

you can see the number of your physical processors with something like
this:

[root at box ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep "physical id"|sort -u
physical id     : 0
physical id     : 1

Pozdrav
Zoran

Dusan Djordjevic <dj.dule.liste at gmail.com>

Enviado por: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
17/12/2009 10:48
Por favor, responda a
General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>

Para
redhat-list at redhat.com
cc

Asunto
How many processors are active in box ?

Hi all,

I should perform upgrades to a box that I did not install so I am out of
documents. What confuses me is following:

-According to /etc/issue, it is running RHEL 5.2 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)). As far as I know. ES supports up to 2
processors
-It seems server do have 4 x Opteron 850 physical processors
-cat /proc/cpuinfo shows that box do have 4 processors

I am confused here. If only 2 processors are supported by ES, how comes I
can see all of them ? Are they active all, or just I can see them but
kernel
uses only 2 ?

Why someone installed ES on 4 processors box is another question, not for
here :)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Dusan