How many processors are active in box ?

Dusan Djordjevic dj.dule.liste at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:13:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:59 AM,  <dustin at larmeir.com> wrote:
> Dmidecode will show you the amount of physical processors installed:

Yes, dmidecode shown the same thing as /proc/cpuinfo, that I have 4
processors (CPU0-CPU3). So it seems that I have 4 x single core
Opterons 850, RHEL Enterprise Server atop of that and all processors
are working. That is what confused me in the first place, since Red
Hat mentions that it should work with 2 processors only.

Maybe I am wrong about /etc/issue

[dusan at ... ~]$ cat /etc/issue
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

Advanced servers should have AS in name, right ?

If so, then I have ES installed on 4 processor box and all of them works :)

Regards,
Dusan