Fdisk disk size issue on RHEL 4

Broekman, Maarten Maarten.Broekman at FMR.COM
Thu Dec 17 15:44:10 UTC 2009

For an ext-based filesystem, add 10% of the requested storage to get the
partition size that will result in a filesystem closer to the requested
size.  So for a 50g filesystem, make a 55g partition.  Or reduce the
reserved block count using tune2fs.  It will never be exactly what they
request, but it will be closer.

--Maarten