Problem with libnuma: Warning: /sys not mounted or no numa system...

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Thu Dec 17 20:53:24 UTC 2009

With the latest update of a system, I am getting email messages from a
cron job:

libnuma: Warning: /sys not mounted or no numa system. Assuming one
node: No such file or directory

I understand this was caused by a software error in Fedora 10  when
no /sys/devices/system/node directory existed.

This RedHat system is running kernel  2.6.18-164.9.1.el5 #1 SMP .
How do I stop the error messages or better yet, fix the problem?

Thanks.