RHEV - Problem adding a rhev-hyp to RHEV Manager

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:13:00 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I´m testing the new  Red Hat virtualization product RHEV Manager and I have
a problem adding a host that runs only the RHEV Hypervisor (not a RHEL 5.4)

I have installed the RHEVM in a Win 2003 Server and a hypervisor in a
physical machine.

I´ve configured the hyperv to register to the RHEV and I get the host in the
RHEV in pending aproval Status.

Then I click in the Approve button, then the host enters in Installing
status an finally I get the "Install Failed" Status.

In the events tab I get this messages:

Host hyper-1 registered.
Host hyper-1 parameters were updated by Administrador.
Installing Host hyper-1. Step: Encryption setup.
Installing Host hyper-1. Step: RHEV_INSTALL.
Failed to install Host hyper-1. Component: System, Message: Cannot create
file: Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso 'C:\Archivos de
programa\RedHat\RHEVManager\Service\CA\requests\cert_d0fdefdc-a5df-467b-9f00-c25d163e7ba6.req'..
Host hyper-1 was successfully approved.

Well, it looks, there is a problem with win 2003 permission, but I don´t
know how to deal with this problem, Which user runs the manager? What
permissions does this user need?

any help?

By the Way, is this the correct list to send this questions? or is there any
more specialized list?

Thanks in advance,

ESG