update redhat kernel

htc sun htc.sunmail at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:03:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks to all who replied to me but I'm still unclear in certain things.

I know that I can use the yum command to install the update and packages
provided I have the CD or all my packages are available in my local machine
. But the challenge is all my packages are in another server, do I need to
create a repository using createrep or do I need to move the packages to my
system one by one? If I move it one by one, how do I know what dependencies
packages are required for that particular packages.

Thanks.

Regards,
htc