RHEV - virtualization of win xp machine

esggrupos at gmail.com esggrupos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 15:35:21 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I´m still testing RHEV as virtualization solution, and I have a problem
creating win xp virtual machines.

With RHEL there is not problem, I have used a boot.iso to launch the
installation and with a Web server with the source tree I do the
installation.
The problem is with Win. (of course ;-)) I have seen in the demos that I
must use a iso file with the installation but I haven´t such iso file. I
only have an win xp installation CD

I have tried to make a iso file with the mkisofs command but I can get this
file bootable.

so my two questions are:

Can´t I use the boot CD directly to create a win image machine (with vmware
is as easy as to put the CD in the drive)?
how can I make a boot iso from the CD to use it to create a virtual machine

Thanks

ESG