User password problem on a password policy applied box

Tom Curl tcurl at enertex.com
Mon Dec 28 11:38:47 UTC 2009

Ah, still not a problem. You can logon as Single User and reset the root
password.

You can google on how to do this.  Try "Linux Single User Mode" or
something like that.

Briefly, you need to restart the server. When it first starts to boot,
press a key, "space" is good. That will interrupt the boot process and
give you a choice of what you want to do.

You can then edit the boot line; press "E". Add " Single" to the end of
the line, and hit "b" for boot. Now the server will boot up in Single
User Mode.

You can just type "passwd" at the prompt, and enter a new password for
the root user.