Microsoft and Linux

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 08:05:35 UTC 2009

ESGLinux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What do you think about UAC (User Access Control) that comes with Vista. ?
> yeah, it´s not the same but I have a dejavu with it
It is our traditional 3 bit security in matrix form, with space
optimalization

> I have experimented  the same horrible problems with it that I had when I
> began using SELinux (the things didn´t work because selinux denied them)
Please note :
(1) Old SELinux (RHEL4/CentOS4) are somewhat difficult to work with as
they were not fully optimized for mainstream Linux and not that wel
documented on how you can set bools and permit certain function you need
(2) Yes SELinux involves MORE work, but it keep your system safe