Problems with RHEL 5 server: NFS related?

Mertens, Bram mertensb at mazdaeur.com
Wed Feb 4 08:24:18 UTC 2009

I haven't checked it myself but perhaps /proc/mounts would show the
correct status?

When it happened on our systems I always noticed after running the mount
command with the remount,rw option:
# mount -o remount,rw /
mount: block device /dev/rootvg/rootlv is write-protected, mounting
read-only

Things to try initially would be those performed by the NFS init script,
creating/removing a file in `/var/lock/subsys/nfs' reading, checking the
file attributes of /var/lib/nfs/etab, etc.

Kind regards

Bram

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 0406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING  310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB