Kernel statistic counters

Geofrey Rainey Geofrey.Rainey at tvnz.co.nz
Tue Feb 10 12:45:45 UTC 2009

You're welcome AJ.

Sar can be used in real time by typing something like "sar 1 100" (print
every second for 100 seconds).
Else it prints out the information from its database which it updates
every 10 mins by default.
This info can be viewed by typing "sar -q" for instance. You can also
view historical data with
The -f flag. The files are kept in /var/log/sa/sa<date>, ie, sar -q -f
/var/log/sa/sa09 (for 09th).

Regards,

Geofrey Rainey
Systems Engineer