perl dbi and dbd issue

lonetwin lonetwins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:18:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

I want to install mysql 5.0.45 on my rhel5 box. Turns out it needs perl-dbi
and perl dbd . So i downloaded the latest versions and installed the perl
packages. Now when i try to install mysql rpm, it continues to show the same
dependencies. Also, if i run
# rpm -qa|grep perl

then the list does not show the perl packages i installed. So i understand
that i am not installing them correctly. However to install the packages i
ran the following commands :
#perm Makefile.pl
#make
#make test
# make install

and none of the above threw any kind of error message.

So can anyone please let me know what is it that i am doing wrong. any help
would be great appreciated.

Thanks,
lonetwins.