RHEL5 ImageMagick Install(Config) Problem

Marius Boitor boitor.marius at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:08:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to build a script to automate some of actions that are image
processing related. I've already built for different company a movie theatre
so I know what's all about. For the first time I wasn't the one who has
setup the server but now it's my turn to do that. I've tried and it seems
that there is a problem but here is the story:

-----------

# yum install ImageMagick

Loaded plugins: rhnplugin

epel
| 2.1 kB     00:00

remi
| 2.0 kB     00:00

Setting up Install Process

Parsing package install arguments

Package ImageMagick-6.2.8.0-4.el5_1.1.i386 already installed and latest
version

Nothing to do

-----------

# yum install ImageMagick-devel

Loaded plugins: rhnplugin

Setting up Install Process

Parsing package install arguments

Package ImageMagick-devel-6.2.8.0-4.el5_1.1.i386 already installed and
latest version

Nothing to do

-----------

pecl install imagick

Ignoring installed package pecl/imagick

Nothing to install

-----------

# yum install php-magickwand

Loaded plugins: rhnplugin

Setting up Install Process

Parsing package install arguments

Package php-magickwand-0.1.9-2.el5.i386 already installed and latest version

Nothing to do

So, I've got all of them as far as I know but here the error message:

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Imagick' not found in...

Any idea appreciated.

With respect,

Marius Boitor