Run levels

Ahmed Sharif ahmed.sharif.bd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 02:56:43 UTC 2009

Hello,

ESG, thanks for your explanation.

Brian, If you want to rescue your system from the messed up state, then do
the following:

1. Boot your machine with bootable cd/dvd
2. At the installation prompt type "linux rescue"
3. After asking you some question about keyboard-type and enabling network
interface, it will give you a shell
4. Type "chroot /mnt/sysimage"
5. Then you would be able to correct your inittab file

Note: I am assuming nothing was messed up other than the /etc/inittab file
:)

Thanks,
Ahmed Sharif