Java 5 or 6 for Linux IA64/Itanium

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 10:51:41 UTC 2009

Nigel Wade wrote:
> Mihai Matei wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I couldn't find any Java rpm (>=v1.5) for IA64 Linux. There are a few
>> dead links pointing to BEA.
>> On java.com there are kits for x64(for AMD) and i386/i686, but no
>> Itanium.
>>
>> Can anyone help? Thanks.
>>

> Sun don't do RPMs.

Sorry, what I meant to say was:

Sun don't do RPMs which integrate correctly with the RedHat /etc/alternatives scheme.
There is an RPM but if you use it you'll end up with some confusion as to which Java is
which (ie. the installed Java used by several RedHat packages, and the Java from Sun).

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555