RHEL5 and Samba tool

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Tue Feb 24 17:24:16 UTC 2009

Greetings:

               I've seen this in various installations of RH 5.  The Gnome
tool to administer Samba lets you add Samba users, but they never display.
If you come back in to edit them, none show.  If you attempt to add one that
exists, it will prevent you from re-adding them (they do exist), but you
can't make any changes of password from the GUI config screen.

               Anyone else seen this behavior?  Is there a fix for it?  I'm
using User level permissions, not ADS or Domain.

Scully