VMware install *arg!*

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Jan 1 23:47:49 UTC 2009

Joshua Gimer wrote:
> And you are sure that it is not already on the system somewhere? What about:
>
> find / -name version.h

I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I did make ... version.h, and version.h was
created. HOWEVER, apparently after kernel 2.6.18, they moved the UTS_RELEASE to
its own file, utsrelease.h

I just tried to make it, and it wants me to go through the *whole* kernel
config. I've tried creating a plain file by that name, whose contents are

>> #define UTS_RELEASE <mykernel#>

But it doesn't seem to like that.

	mark