Traffic going to eth1 is goin

Ugo Bellavance ugob at lubik.ca
Tue Jan 13 19:15:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm scratching my head on this one...

I've configured a server with 2 network interfaces, eth0 and eth1.  eth0
= 192.168.2.211 and eth1 = 192.168.2.212.  eth1 seemed to work properly,
but whenever I open a connection to 192.168.2.212, I see the traffic on
eth0.

Digging deeper led me to this finding.  When there is an arp who-has
192.168.2.212, the arp reply contains the MAC address of eth0 instead of
eth1.

Both ports are connected to a Cisco Catalyst switch.

Any idea of how this could happen and the solution?  The only cause that
I can think of is that at the beginning, I tried configuring bonding on
this server, so both interfaces seemed to have the same MAC address, but
  I configured this bonded interface with only one IP address anyway,
and I think it was in another subnet.

Any idea welcome.

Thanks,

Ugo