Traffic going to eth1 is goin

Ugo Bellavance ugob at lubik.ca
Fri Jan 16 19:28:41 UTC 2009

Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues a écrit :
> Sorry, but i dont know what you are looking for, so for me, it sounds a
> little confusing. Two interfaces on the same segment, why dont you use
> interface alias, and disable the second interface? Its not a beautifull
> thing to put two interfaces on the same segment, because the arp requests.

I do that because I need more bandwidth than what one NIC allows, and
since my backup software allows me to tell some servers (that are taken
into backup) to use anoter IP adress to send the backup through the network.

I tried bonding, but I had errors similar to this one:

Sep 11 14:49:48 box01 kernel: bonding: Warning: the permanent HWaddr of
eth0 - 00:1A:78:2F:10:56 - is still in use by bond0. Set the HWaddr of
eth0 to a different address to avoid conflicts"

So I decided to use 2 NICs on the same segment instead.