xen vm not keeping date/time properly

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Thu Jan 22 15:52:11 UTC 2009

This page might offer some help:

http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/KnownOsIssues#Section_9.2.2.

To recap, we use the 'noselect' keyword to avoid the running ntpd on the
client to attempt to sync with the defined servers and ntpq does not
report any disturbing drifts on the client...and we do run ntpd normally
(no 'noselect') on Dom0.

What happens (happened if you have already tried) if you try and do
this? And what's your hardware platform?

GM

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios