Problem with version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6

Karl-Olov Serrander m11172 at abc.se
Wed Jan 28 20:30:50 UTC 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Mertens, Bram wrote:
>> And starting on RHEL4 gives: Incorrectly built binary which accesses
>> errno or h_errno directly. Needs to be fixed.
>> but it works on RHEL4.
>
> The libc.so.6 file is part of glibc.  RHEL4 comes with glibc 2.3 whereas
> RHEL5 comes with glibc 2.5.  So it makes sense that applications
> compiled against glibc-2.3 will not run properly on RHEL5.
>
> Regards
>
> Bram

Well it seems this vendor did not take "Incorrectly built binary" to his heart. If he had fixed that
it probably would have worked on RHEL5, because the application itself does.

The vendor just say that it is working on RHEL4 and has no plans to support RHEL5,
fortunately we are able to replace his app with something else.

Regards
--
Karl-Olov Serrander m11172.abc.se