Re: Auditing subdirectories recursively using auditd

Check out aide

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "Giuseppe Fuggiano" <giuseppe fuggiano gmail com>

Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:22:42
To: <redhat-list redhat com>
Subject: Auditing subdirectories recursively using auditd

Hi list.

I just posted this at fedora-list, with no answer.  Maybe here is a
more appropriate place to ask that.

I found that auditd daemon is very useful to audit my linux
installation.  But, given a directory, I'd like to audit also its
subdirectories and files, recursively.  Also, if a user create or
modify something there, the audit watches should change properly.

Is it possible?  I cannot figure out the rules to add in
/etc/audit.rules to do that.  I hope in someone who experienced this
issue.

Thanks a lot,
--
Giuseppe Fuggiano