zLinux: RHEL on IBM mainframe

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:04:21 UTC 2009

Thank you for your useful reply. I'm pleased to hear that we can reuse our
existing infrastructure/solutions such as Satellite server and EPEL-like
repository.

As of now we're merely on the planning stage of the process, so details on
consolidation ratio and so forth have not been finalized. For the system
administration (linux) part of it I need to prepare our infrastructure for
testing such a solution, and read up on the technology itself. Thanks to
your reply I have a better understanding of what needs to be done, and I'm
sure I'll be back with more questions later on. In the mean time I'll read
up on the literature you linked to.

Regards,
Kenneth