yum issues with RedHat 5 servers

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Thu Jan 15 15:37:59 UTC 2009

I confirm that we face the same problem with various servers and we
attribute this to RHN capacity issues. We had some luck if we delete the
/var/spool/up2date/loginAuth.pkl in some of our boxes. For others we
have not managed.

Does anyone know if there is a redhat bugzilla report for this? This
might raise the status of the issue. If I do not find one, I shall raise
one.

GM

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios