yum issues with RedHat 5 servers

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Fri Jan 16 08:32:38 UTC 2009

Thanks for the info. Given the fact that this affects a large number of
users, it might be helpful for many folks to put an official
announcement of the problem pointing to a specific bugzilla ticket (I
raised recently 480183, but as there are many other issues with the
fault, just mark duplicates as needed and give one ticket number). I am
OK, but I know many unhappy people with the situation.

Cheers.
GM

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios