Vnc server problem on RHEL 5.2

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Tue Jan 20 15:56:02 UTC 2009

Could you specify:

1) Which Xvnc server you are using (RedHat's ?

2)How do you start it exactly?

3)How exactly are you trying to access it from the clients?

If you are not trying to start or connect in the wrong way, I don't
recall if RedHat's Xvnc uses tcp wrappers. If the port is listening
(lsof -i | grep Xvnc) the other thing that could be blocking it is tcp
wrappers. Have you got anything under /etc/xinetd/ or in
/etc/hosts.allow  /deny?

Also what's the nmap's output. Does it say that the port is there but
filtered or does it state that the port is closed?

GM

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios