Man command not working as a ordinary user

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Wed Jan 21 11:15:46 UTC 2009

Try to see if permissions are preserved. Sometimes, especially if you
use SELinux (do you?), permissions are not preserved. I would use star
for this types of archiving moves and then make sure that the SELinux
context is set appropriately( I had a similar problem with man pages
before and SELinux)

GM

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios