Console problem

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Wed Jan 28 18:20:03 UTC 2009

When you say flood, I assume this is continuous. What happens when you
try Ctrl+L to clear the screen? Does it get any better. Also, in my mind
(*maybe I am wrong in this*, but I remember logging in with no problems
in a similar situation), flooding the console with syslog messages
should not affect stdin in this case (the characters appear but it does
not mean they are in your stdin, the keyboard). Are you sure that's the
reason you can't login?

GM