Speaking of VMware...

We're looking at a way to back up a "host" of VMware (ESXi). The systems are built using a generic install on a flash drive, and should the flash drive get toasted, we want a backup.

What I'm sort of thinking of is a generic install onto the flash drive, then overwrite /etc. Would that do it, or would I need other pieces, like /bootbank?

We're looking for the simplest answer....

   mark