SAMBA and Vista

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Fri Jan 30 18:00:02 UTC 2009

Greetings:

               I have a site with RHEL4 and all Windows XP desktops.  But as
a new PC was purchased for the system there, it came with Vista.  The
machine it replaced had a shared printer that I used as a destination for
CUPS, through SAMBA.

               If I try to interrogate the machine with "smbclient -L
machinename", I get the following response:

Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Anonymous login successful

Domain=[MPI] OS=[Windows Vista (TM) Business 6001 Service Pack 1]
Server=[Window

s Vista (TM) Business 6.0]

               I don't have troubles with any of the other desktops on XP.
After some struggling, the user got all the firewall and security settings
to the point where other Windows desktops can finally see his shared
resources.  I just can see it from the host.

               Are there updates to SAMBA I need to handle Vista
workstations?

Scully