Yum Update

Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov
Wed Jul 1 20:14:15 UTC 2009

  From:       Troy Knabe <knabe at 4j.lane.edu>

  To:         Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>

  Date:       07/01/2009 01:45 PM

  Subject:    Yum Update

  Sent by:    redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com

I had to break a yum update and now I see this everytime I try to run
yum.  But if I run yum-complete-transaction it says there are 805
packages scheduled to be removed.  This does not seem like something I
want to do on my production server, so I am wondering if there is a
way to clean the yum database so I don't get the warning below without
completing the transaction??

"There are unfinished transactions remaining. You mightconsider
running yum-complete-transaction first to finish them."
--
Troy Knabe
knabe at 4j.lane.edu

yum clean all
  Runs  yum clean packages  and yum clean headers, yum clean metadata and
yum clean dbcache as above.
OR
you can rebuild the rpm database

cd /var/lib
tar -czf rpm.broken.`date +%Y%m%d-%R`.tgz rpm/
cd rpm/
rm -f __db.00*
rpm --rebuilddb

Phebe Mertes