--
Troy Knabe
knabe 4j lane edu

On Jul 1, 2009, at 3:41 PM, David Bear wrote:

what if I can't find yum-complete-transaction ? I assume its a
script/executable that should exist somewhere in my file system.

does it also need to be installed?

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Carel Lubbe <
carel lubbe openpolytechnic ac nz> wrote:

I have had a similar problem and got around it by firstly running
# yum clean all

And then I did a
# yum makecache

On Thursday 02 July 2009 08:14:15 Phebe_Mertes aotx uscourts gov wrote:
 From:       Troy Knabe <knabe 4j lane edu>

 To:         Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list redhat com>

 Date:       07/01/2009 01:45 PM

 Subject:    Yum Update

 Sent by:    redhat-list-bounces redhat com

I had to break a yum update and now I see this everytime I try to run
yum.  But if I run yum-complete-transaction it says there are 805
packages scheduled to be removed. This does not seem like something I
want to do on my production server, so I am wondering if there is a
way to clean the yum database so I don't get the warning below without
completing the transaction??

"There are unfinished transactions remaining. You mightconsider
running yum-complete-transaction first to finish them."
--
Troy Knabe
knabe 4j lane edu

yum clean all
Runs yum clean packages and yum clean headers, yum clean metadata and
yum clean dbcache as above.
OR
you can rebuild the rpm database

cd /var/lib
tar -czf rpm.broken.`date +%Y%m%d-%R`.tgz rpm/
cd rpm/
rm -f __db.00*
rpm --rebuilddb

Phebe Mertes