blocking ips with iptables accessing invalid URL

Manuel Aróstegui manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Jul 8 13:04:24 UTC 2009

El mié, 08-07-2009 a las 12:31 +0200, ESGLinux escribió:
> 2009/7/8 Manuel Aróstegui <manuel at todo-linux.com>
>
> I like this kind of solution but I think this rules doesnt work. with them
> the webserver does not respond to a single petition.
>
> I have loaded this in my test computer:
>
> iptables -N APACHE_CHECK
> iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m state --state NEW -j APACHE_CHECK
> iptables -A APACHE_CHECK -m state --state NEW -m recent --set --name APACHE
>
> iptables -A APACHE_CHECK -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds
> 60 --hitcount 4 --name APACHE
>
> iptables -A APACHE_CHECK -m state --state NEW -m recent --rcheck --seconds
> 60 --hitcount 4 --name APACHE -j LOG
>
> iptables -A APACHE_CHECK -m state --state NEW -m recent --rcheck --seconds
> 60 --hitcount 4 --name APACHE -j DROP
>
> I have added the rule to log when the packets are dropped and it logs every
> packet, what is wrong?
>

> Thanks for your asnwer

It works fine in my SSH server.
Try adding one by one all the rules so we can "debug" a little bit the
rule that's stopping your webserver to receive petitions.

Manuel.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

Electronic Mail is not secure, might not be read every day, and should not
be used for urgent or sensitive issues.