blocking ips with iptables accessing invalid URL

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:31:13 UTC 2009

> It works fine in my SSH server.
> Try adding one by one all the rules so we can "debug" a little bit the
> rule that's stopping your webserver to receive petitions.

Hi, I think the problem is with http because when I visit one page it makes
a lot of request to the sever,

For example, accesing the home page of my webserver makes 34 request in the
same second. I think that with the params defined in the rules Its too much
for it.

To this traffic, which can be the right params?

by the way I have found 2 usefull web:pages that explains the use of limit
an recent

http://www.geocities.com/youssef116/writing/ratelim.html
http://www.linuxtopia.org/Linux_Firewall_iptables/x2682.html

greetings