XFS (was: Re: redhat-list Digest, Vol 65, Issue 9)

ravi kumar a écrit :
Good morning to all......!!

 I am using redhat 5.0. I try to use the xfs file system but it is
giving error when i type #mkfs.xfs /dev/sda13 it is says "uknow file
system type xfs". I installed rpms readline-2.2.rpm and xfsprogs.rpm
then i get that error.........what can i do. Any body know please tell
me........!!

XFS isn't supported by Red Hat yet, it will be in Red Hat 6.0.

The xfsprogs package includes a collection of programs to manage xfs filesystems but what you really need is a XFS kernel module.

Here are your options :

 - Wait for Red Hat 6.0
 - Rebuild a kernel with XFS enabled
 - Try CentOS 5

Regards,

Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.