LAMP on RHEL 5 (Server)

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Fri Jul 17 08:29:49 UTC 2009

What I tend to do to avoid issues with RHEL5 dependencies is to use a
project like XAMPP

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html

This gives me an RHEL dependency free environment to run a LAMP setup,
as it references its own version of MySQL,PHP and other important libs.

You might like to give it a go.

GM
George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil
RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios