RE: backup system for RHEL

Amanda is a great backup solution, if you're willing to spend the time to learn how to set it up and so on.  It works very well, and there's good support from their mailing list.

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of ESGLinux
Sent: 23 July 2009 07:52
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: backup system for RHEL

Hi all,
I´m planning to use a server as centralized backup system. I need to backup
windows and linux system.

I have seen that RHEL comes with amanda, but I don´t like it very much, so
which system do you recommed me?

by the way, I need to make backup of vmware and xen images, but I don´t know
how to do it. Do I need to stop the images? which is the mechanism to make
this task?

Thanks in advance

ESG