From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of ESGLinux
Sent: Friday, 24 July 2009 6:40 p.m.
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: backup system for RHEL

Hi,
this sounds interesting, I didn´t know the -s option of lvcreate.
I have a problem with this. In my VG I haven´t free space. When I run the
command:

 lvcreate -s -L 1G -n MySnap1 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
  Insufficient free extents (0) in volume group VolGroup00: 32 required

I have this:

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                      19360436  13805512   4555620  76% /home

and lvdisplay:
 lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
  VG Name                VolGroup00
  LV UUID                8BRqMo-K9g5-2Pym-SZfS-Wte3-ZMvM-cqYMCv
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                19,06 GB
  Current LE             610
  Segments               2
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           253:0

what can I do in this situation? I´m not an expert with LVM

Thanks

ESG