backup system for RHEL

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:10:43 UTC 2009

2009/7/24 TYURIN Aleksey <Aleksey.TYURIN at raiffeisen.ru>

> Hi
>
> To create the snapshot you need to have enough unpartitioned space in LVM
> value group.
> Alternatively, you can take this space from exists LVM-logical volume to
> valume group
>
> umount /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
>
> resize_reiserfs -s-1G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
> (for riserfs)
> or
> resize2fs /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 18G
> (for ext3)
>
> lvreduce -L-1G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
> mount /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
>
> Can you show?:
> vgdisplay

yes of course:

vgdisplay
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               VolGroup00
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        2
  Metadata Sequence No  6
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                1
  Open LV               1
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                2
  Act PV                2
  VG Size               19,06 GB
  PE Size               32,00 MB
  Total PE              610
  Alloc PE / Size       610 / 19,06 GB
  Free  PE / Size       0 / 0
  VG UUID               nlbCIt-jUrq-d0qk-pnN8-tM90-B3w1-0vVVEL

The fs is ext3.

I´m going to try to reduce the filesystem as you suggested.

One thing, what happens If I dont use LVM at all, (I  have a lot of system
with out it). How can I make a snapshot of a Xen Image?

Greetings,

ESG