How to change disk sequence on DELL R900 with LINUX

Thomas Fess dfezz1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 17:16:10 UTC 2009

Linux defines the devices as they come up or become available so depending on what your doing that this, it causes an issue.  Such as san disks(multipathing) and mounts or ASM in oracle or whatever, you have to use another method to define a persistant name to the LUN/disk etc.

http://dims.ncsa.uiuc.edu/set/san/src/linux-mpio.pdf