Authenticate Linux on Openldap

Virgilio Antonio Araujo vi.rlz4ever at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:21:29 UTC 2009

Hi list, I was configuring a openldapserver for proporse the linux and unix
clientes authenticate on server. The authentication at server work perfect
without tls. With tls the connection still waiting and dosent work.
On the server I'm using the following sintax at slapd.conf.
TLSCipherSuite          HIGH:MEDIUM:+SSLv2:+SSLv3:RSA
TLSCACertificateFile    /etc/openldap/cacerts/server.pem
TLSCertificateFile      /etc/openldap/cacerts/server.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile   /etc/openldap/cacerts/server.pem
TLSVerifyClient         allow

After I copy the client pem to server and modify the /etc/ldap.conf as
above:
uri ldaps://spas031elc/
#ssl start_tls
tls_cacertdir /etc/openldap/cacerts