Question about FS

George Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Mon Jun 8 13:55:41 UTC 2009

Typically, filesystems reserve some space for housekeeping purposes
(journal size, default dirs, superblocks, etc). This is not unusual. If
by any chance the fs you made is ext2/3, you can type:

tune2fs -l <dev name for FS OR mount point>

to list the contents of the superblock and watch the value of 'Block
Count' versus 'Free Blocks' to verify.

GM

George Magklaras BSc Hons MPhil RHCE:805008309135525

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX-Linux Systems Administrator
EMBnet Technical Management Board The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/georgios