users logs

Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov
Wed Jun 10 12:26:37 UTC 2009

http://logcheck.org/

is how I used to ignore message log entries I didn't want to see, but it
was still mind numbing work to review the filtered logs every morning from
all the servers.

Phebe Mertes
210-301-6271

  From:       mark <m.roth2006 at rcn.com>

  To:         General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>

  Date:       06/09/2009 05:15 PM

  Subject:    Re: users logs

  Sent by:    redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com

Marti, Rob wrote:
> Yeah, the developers sometimes have to troubleshoot code on production
> systems (we try to split dev and prod but are not always successful).
We're
> working on a better split, but its not just CC numbers... socials in the
> database, etc.

Oh, boy. If everyone's not already had criminal background & credit checks,
suspect it's coming sooner rather than later.

> Bash auditing is pretty win.

As I said, I still think that you'll wind up with so much info that trying
find anything relevant will be a major task.

             mark
> Rob Marti
>
> -----Original Message----- From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
> [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of mark Sent: Tuesday,
> June 09, 2009 4:51 PM To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list Subject:
Re:
> users logs
>
> Marti, Rob wrote:
>> If you're using RHEL5 you can enable bash auditing.  I don't think the
>> same solution exists for RHEL4 (yet?).
>>
>> As far as why, I've been requested to set it up for PCI compliance
(since
>> developers have access to credit card numbers, etc. without going
through
>> sudo) but all my CC handling servers are RHEL4 so... :-/
>
> Oh.
>
> I came off a contract the end of April at a company that's both a root
CA,