log control

Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov
Tue Jun 16 18:50:30 UTC 2009

http://www.logcheck.org

Logcheck allows putting 'ignore' regular expressions in so you get errors
you want and new error messages in an email

Phebe Mertes
210-301-6271

  From:       ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com>

  To:         General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>

  Date:       06/16/2009 01:43 PM

  Subject:    log control

  Sent by:    redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com

Hi all,
I´m looking for a software that monitors logfiles and send me emails when
it
founds some suspicious pattern ( I have used one with Suse long time ago
but
I can´t remember...)

I suposse Red Hat provides a solution for this. Now I run logwatch and it
send me a report but It don´t do what I want (or I don´t know how to do it)

any sugesstion?

Thanks in advance

ESG