A question on SAN training

Chaim Rieger chaim.rieger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:12:30 UTC 2009

mark wrote:

> How much does it cost? I am *NOT* about to spring $3000 of my savings for a
> class that might or might not help. What I was asking was whether anyone here
> would hire, or recommend to their manager, that someone be hired who had years
> of sysadmin experience, but only training for SAN. I'm not talking, btw, about
> SAN engineer positions, just general sysadmin who had to deal with SANs.
>
> Worked with VMware for 4 months in my last contract. Trust me, that added a
> *LOT* to recruiters calling me back. <G>
>
> 	mark "about to fire it up later and finally do a net install
> 		of CentOS 5.3 to test before doing a system upgrade"

yes its expensive, about $6k
i didnt meant the VM downlad.
netapp has a virtual filer that you can download and install on any
linux box. and to you it looks like a regular netapp filer with two
shelves. run three of those and learn the following and i will hire you
CF, CIFS, HA

i am looking for a linux admin, and netapp is not a requirement, we are
willing to train you....