SUDO

Hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:19:04 UTC 2009

Why?

If the user knows the root password, there is no need.

If sudo is cofigured correctly, there is no need to "su - root" since
the user can already run the needed commands.

"man sodu" should explain how to configure sudo and the locatio of the
configuration file.

Did you stop to think that you might not be permitted to do this with
sudo or that the "sudo su - root" may need to be defined in the
configuatio file or that the entire su command mat need to be quoted,
etc. So that sudo would understsnd?