SUDO

Steve Phillips steve.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 05:57:20 UTC 2009

it appears that your /etc/sudoers file has had additional options enabled.
one of which appears to be the option rootpw

(from the man page)
       rootpw          If set, sudo will prompt for the root password
instead of the pass-
                       word of the invoking user.  This flag is off by
default.

You possibly need to turn this option off and then sudo will prompt for the
local user prompt.

HTH,

--
Steve.