RHEL5 and HP PSP 8.20

Caetano, Greg Greg.Caetano at hp.com
Tue Mar 24 20:02:00 UTC 2009

Hugh,

The HP ProLiant Support Pack 8.20 is the correct PSP supporting RHEL 5.3. We, hereby, provide the following recommendations from the steps you have outlined below:

Steps 2 and 4 are not necessary to install PSP 8.20. In your Step 3, at a minimum, kernel-PAE-devel-2.6.18-128.1.1.el5.i686 package for the PAE kernel is required to install PSP 8.20.  There may be dependencies by some components in the PSP and those will be outlined during the installation.

Please make these adjustments and reattempt the PSP 8.20 installation.

If you continue to face issues with the installation, please contact HP Support Services for further assistance.

Greg Caetano
Hewlett-Packard Company
Chicago, IL
Red Hat Certified Engineer