What hardware configuration to use.

lonetwin lonetwins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 08:33:11 UTC 2009

Hello,

We have a software product which uses the client server model. The server
will runs java , jboss, tomcat and mysql, all of these on a single machine
running on RHEL 5. Now i need to come up with a hardware configuration that
will happily run the above pieces of software with at least 200 users
(clients) connected to the system.

Can anyone help me with what kind of hardware configuration will suit us. I
am trying to learn how server admins calculate the power of a machine vis a
vis the number of users that will connect to server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
lonetwins