Strange filesystem errors

Thomas Fess dfezz1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 18:42:43 UTC 2009

Well, what happens is my NFS is mounted and then goes away and causes the same ???????? /filesystem  error.

So maybe the access to the local drive changes,  Look at LVM or you /etc/fstab and see if you have the /dev/sdb1 /filesys  correct or if something is changing.  I don't mean to send you on a goose chase.  Is it SAN, is multipath playing a part???  etc.  Is it VMware or stand-alone?

I have seen we loosing connection to the san via multipath will cause wierd errors